Lubrication of the machinery parts has been done for ages. There are different lubricants for different types of machinery parts. Although the primary purpose of all of these items is to protect engine or machinery parts from friction and corrosion, they also serve other purposes. One such type of industrial lubricant is grease. It is utilized in places where lubricating oil cannot reach, and it can also withstand harsh conditions. These are also used to increase a machine’s life by reducing friction and wear. Wikipedia defines Grease as “ A solid or semisolid lubricant formed as a dispersion of thickening agents in a liquid lubricant. Grease generally consists of a soap emulsified with mineral or vegetable oil.”
Depending upon its use and role, different types of grease is available in Uganda.
Here, we will talk about a unique form of grease known as Lithium Grease.
What is Lithium Grease?
Before we discuss Lithium grease, it is crucial to know how lithium grease came into existence. For that, we must be aware of the background of grease.
Earlier in 1400 BC in Egypt, when the chariots were used as a mode of transport, it was noticed that their wheels quickly became charred due to frictional heat. Many attempts were made to cool the hub with water. Experimentation eventually led to the use of other liquids, such as olive oil and fats. The Egyptians were taken aback when they discovered that certain viscous liquids were absorbing heat. Simultaneously, they noticed that the wheels were turning more freely. These early discoveries, of course, heralded the dawn of machinery lubrication.
So how did Lithium Grease in Kenya originate?
A lithium-based grease in South Sudan is made from a combination of lithium soap and oils. Sharp Lubes, an Indo-Canadian company, manufactures high-quality lithium grease in Uganda and sells it everywhere. It is devised to provide additional protection against oxidizing and water washout in long-term automotive applications at low temperatures and masses. Sharp Lubes, Uganda’s best grease manufacturers, recognized the importance of lithium grease and added it to their service category. This company sells lithium grease in Kenya, which can be used for a variety of purposes.
Properties of Lithium Grease in South Sudan
The popularity of lithium grease stems from its ability to function as a multi-purpose grease. It is by far the most popular grease on the planet today, accounting for more than 75% of all lubricating greases used in various industries. Let’s find out some of the advanced characteristics of Lithium Grease in Uganda:
- Terrific Adhesiveness- Lithium grease in South Sudan sticks to metal quite well. This means that once it sticks to the metal, it won’t easily come off. So, one does not have to worry about applying it again on the metal for quite a long time.
- Protects from corrosion- Since this Sharp Lubes’ grease is non-corrosive, it means it will not corrode the parts or machinery to which it is applied. It is a chemically stable compound that does not react with the things it comes into contact with.
- Heavy load bearing- The lithium grease in Kenya is designed to work under heavy load-bearing. It has robust physical qualities that prevent it from breaking down under huge loads and allowing it to continue to function. As a result, it is an excellent option for difficult metal-to-metal heavy load applications.
- Heat resistance- The lithium grease made by Sharp Lubes in South Sudan has high heat resistance. It can tolerate extremely high temperatures and has a drop temperature of around 200 degrees Celsius. The maximum temperature at which lithium grease should be used as a lubricant is 120° Celsius.
- Water Resistance- The solubility of the grease is proportional to the solubility of the thickener used to make it. The water solubility of lithium hydroxide and the thickeners commonly used in its production is extremely low. It means that lithium grease is highly resistant to water washing and absorption.
Uses of Lithium Grease made by Sharp Lubes
Lithium grease in Kenya plays a vital role in the automotive industry and is the go-to grease for various lubrication jobs. Amongst its most common applications are:
- Automotive mechanisms such as doors, hinges & locks
- Wheel Bearings
- Clutch Bearings
- Strike Plates
- The suspension system of traveler cars, trucks, farm tractors, and other kinds of mobile apparatus
Hence, Sharp Lubes’ lithium grease in South Sudan is the most versatile grease which can be used in most applications. The company manufacturers and delivers its lithium grease in not just Kenya but around 16 countries worldwide.
Sharp Lubes is the best choice for you if you are looking for the best grease oil manufacturers in Uganda.