A lubricant is a substance made with the primary purpose of reducing friction between surfaces in contact. Lubricants are mainly used to protect the surface from corrosion, water, rust, and other difficulties that a machine faces during its operation. It is also known as lubricity.
Lubricants may also have the ability to transmit forces, move foreign particles, and heat or cool surfaces. Lubricants are used for a variety of uses in addition to industrial applications. Cooking (oils and fats in frying pans, baking to avoid food sticking), bio applications on humans (lubricants for artificial joints), ultrasound testing, and medical examination are some of the other applications. In order to get the best-in-class lubricants for your machinery or motor vehicle, you must always choose the lubricants manufacturers who are well expertise in their work and also have the best-in-class lubricants products.
Sharp Lubes are the best lubricant additives manufacturers who deliver the best quality lubricant products at reasonable prices.
Let’s find the types of lubricants and their uses.
Types of Lubricants
Lubricants usually contain 90% base oil (mostly petroleum fractions, also known as mineral oils) and less than 10% additives. Vegetable oils or synthetic liquids such as hydrogenated polyolefins, esters, silicones, fluorocarbons, and others may be used as base oils. Additives reduce friction and wear increased viscosity, enhanced viscosity index, corrosion, and oxidation resistance.
Here are some common types of lubricants:
- Engine oil- Engine oils are used to coat the interior of the engine. Good engine oil can keep your engine clean and rust-free, increase fuel efficiency and performance, extend the life of your engine, and reduce vehicle emissions.
- Gear oil- Gear oils are primarily used in vehicle gearboxes, including manual and automatic transmissions. It ensures superior prevention of gear parts from high mechanical pressure by using a high viscosity base oil and selective additives.
- Hydraulic oil- Hydraulic oil is the combination of a lubricant as well as the means of power transmission in the hydraulic system. It is used in hydraulic machinery to transfer hydrostatic power.
- Grease- Grease is made by combining oil, a thickener (typically a lithium-based soap), and lubricants. Greases mix well with the oil’s lubricants, creating stickiness and enabling the lubricants to settle on surfaces. It is used on gears, bearings, chains, and linkages, among other things.
- Penetrating Lubricant- Penetrating lubricants, on the other hand, are not designed for long-term lubrication. These oils were designed with a single goal in mind: to penetrate small cracks in the surfaces, boost lubrication, and break up rust. These are used to remove nuts and bolts that have become trapped.
- Dry Lubricant- Specific forms of lubricants, such as silicon, molybdenum, graphite, and PTFE, are found in dry lubricants. They are available in a variety of forms, including graphite powder, spray, silicone spray, and molybdenum disulfide spray. Dry lubricants are used on threaded rods, locks, hinges, and also printed rails.
Why are Sharp Lubes the best industrial lubricants suppliers?
Sharp Lubes, the best lubricant manufacturers has established itself as one of the leading manufacturers of lubricants. Based in Ludhiana, Punjab, India the company aims to improve the efficiency of its products while also providing customer satisfaction. Sharp Lubes has a range of greases and lubricants that enhance equipment performance and durability by providing excellent wear and tear protection, resulting in increased production, reliability, and productivity for businesses.
- One should definitely consider choosing Sharp Lubes to buy all types of lubricants as they are the best lubricant oil manufacturers. They concentrate on supplying lubricant solutions for all of the world’s lubricant needs.
- The company has a sound and sophisticated infrastructure that is fitted with the most up-to-date and advanced machines to ensure product quality.
- They have a large warehouse where all of their products are carefully packed to protect them from the weather.
- Sharp Lubes’ products are environmentally friendly and follow stringent international standards, ensuring that the customers receive the best possible service.
- The company is registered with India’s quality check and is also affiliated with FIEO.
Thus a good lubricant is a must for the efficiency of any machine. So one should always choose the lubricant manufacturers who are well versatile with their products. Sharp Lubes has all the qualities of the best lubricant oil manufacturers.